Hasya Yoga and LaughFitTM
LaughFit is the heart-child of Valerie Sheppard and Jeffrey Briar (Read our Bios HERE), and a joint-venture between Source PowerTM and The Laughter Yoga Institute. The goal is to integrate Laughter (Hasya) Yoga as a modality in workplace health and wellness programs. The mission is to increase individual happiness in the workplace, and in turn, reduce stress, improve health, drive business results and strengthen organizational cultures. LaughFit benefits people in corporations, non-profits, federal and state governments and non-governmental organizations.
What is Laughter Yoga?
- Laughter Yoga is a fun and invigorating practice that improves health and wellness, and for businesses, improves results and strengthens organizational culture.
- At the center of Laughter Yoga is “therapeutic laughter,” which is the use of laughter as a healing modality.
- Laughter Yoga combines traditional aspects of Eastern yoga movement and Pranayama breathing with unconditional laughter, childlike playfulness, and centering meditation.
- Laughter Yoga enables practitioners to reduce pain, stress, and anxiety while strengthening immunity, empowerment, creativity, and collaboration.
- Started in 1995, there are now thousands of clubs practicing Hasya Yoga all over the world!
“If we can learn to laugh unconditionally, our happiness too will become unconditional”
~Dr. Madan Kataria, Creator of Laughter Yoga
Business Benefits of Laughter Yoga
- Group laughter has profound short- and long-term effects on mind and body that are meaningful to business leaders:
- Stress Relief: Unwinds the negative effects of stress by reducing stress-related hormone (cortisol) and peptide levels.
- Elixir Effect: Causes endorphin release, which has been shown scientifically to create a positive state of mind and boost optimism, self-confidence and feelings of self-worth.
- Immunity Boost: Increases the levels of anti-viral and anti-infection cells and also cells that fight cancer.
- Brain Boost: Increases the net supply of oxygen which enhances brain performance, creativity, and energy.
- Culture Boost: Increases motivation and enhances team-building, communication and collaboration
- Cost-Effective: Minimal equipment and time resources are required to reap the many benefits of building a laughter yoga practice in the workplace.
Here are two ways you can bring LaughFit into your workplace:
1) Add it to your Health and Wellness program using certified LaughFit practitioners, and/or
2) Host a workplace happiness day and bring Source Power in to teach Hasya Yoga and other workshops.
Of course, we’re happy to create a customized integration program, so please don’t hesitate to ask!
Ready to Get Started?!
“We don’t laugh because we’re happy – we’re happy because we laugh.”
- Want to experience laughter yoga? Check this list of community-based clubs to find one in your area: U.S. Laughter Yoga Clubs
- For more information on the Founder, Dr. Madan Kataria, or Laughter Yoga International, click HERE
- To understand how a Laughter Yoga session works, click HERE